As Baptists we are marked by certain distinctives that separate and differentiate us from all other faiths.
- We believe in the absolute authority of the Bible and hold to no other creed or guideline for our faith, government, practice and purpose.
- We believe that each church is autonomous and completely independent. For the Christian church there is no head but Christ and no headquarters but Heaven.
- We believe in the priesthood of every believer. The Bible teaches that we have one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Through Christ’s
- blood we are able to come boldly to the throne of grace by simply pleading the cross of Calvary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ alone. Salvation does not come by our good works, or by the waters of baptism.
- We believe that the church is not a fortress but rather headquarters to bring about the purpose that Christ has given us to: preach the gospel, baptize believers and train people to serve the Lord and follow God’s Word.